Brian (Greek Vegetable Stew)
Source: Judy Pistrang
1-1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled and cut into rounds
1-1/2 lb. zucchini, cut into rounds
1 lb. eggplant, salted, rinsed and sliced (unpeeled)
1 lb. tomatoes, fresh or canned, sliced
1 C parsley, chopped
½ cup fresh dill, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
2 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onions and garlic, stirring, until wilted.
2. Add half of the tomatoes (including the juice, if canned) to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In large casserole, place all vegetables; add the parsley, dill, salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the onion mixture over this and stir into the vegetables.
5. Bake covered at 350 (or simmer over very low heat) for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until potatoes are tender.